QuickBooks is an accounting software package for small and medium businesses.
It comes in a range of different versions, each tailored to different industries, including manufacturing, wholesaling and distribution, contracting, not-for-profits, retail, and more.
If you’re thinking about using QuickBooks bookkeeping software for your business, then your EzyAccounts bookkeeper can help. All of our team are Certified QuickBooks bookkeepers, and have the necessary knowledge and experience to ensure you get the most out of your bookkeeping software.
Why You Need A QuickBooks Bookkeeper
A QuickBooks bookkeeper knows QuickBooks inside and out. After discussing your business’s needs and operations with you, they will be able to advise whether QuickBooks is the most appropriate choice of software for your requirements both now, and in the future as your business expands and develops.
In addition to identifying whether QuickBooks will meet your needs, a QuickBooks bookkeeper will also recommend the right subscription, and help you to setup that subscription to best suit your business. They will also show you how to use QuickBooks to efficiently manage your books and meet the day-to-day demands of your business, and will use the reporting functions to analyse your numbers and provide you with advice and information.
Choosing Your QuickBooks Package
Once you’ve identified that QuickBooks bookkeeping software is the right choice for your business, you will need to choose the right QuickBooks subscription.
QuickBooks subscriptions vary in the functionalities they offer. There are also different versions tailored to different business types.
Your QuickBooks bookkeeper can help you identify the appropriate QuickBooks bookkeeping subscription. They will confer with you to determine what functionalities you need, the specific tasks you need each functionality to be able to fulfil, and what reporting data you will require. Based on this information, they will then provide a recommendation regarding the most suitable QuickBooks subscription to you.
We Can Help You Master Your Accounts With Intuit Quickbooks Online
Once you’ve selected the most suitable subscription, it’s time to setup QuickBooks for your business. They have a setup guide on their website, but we recommend you consult with a QuickBooks bookkeeper to setup your software correctly. Your Quickbooks bookkeeper will import any historic transactions, employee details, or other data you require, and ensure that all the features you subscribe to are established for maximum efficiency and convenience. By choosing the right reporting features, your bookkeeper will be able to analyse your numbers and provide advice on strategic business decisions. By including them in the setup process, you can be confident the reporting features will function appropriately, so your bookkeeper will be able to start number crunching from the get go.
QuickBooks Is Suited To…
Years of bookkeeping experience has taught us that QuickBooks is well-suited for businesses in the following industries:
Bear in mind, however, that even businesses in the same industry can require vastly different features in their bookkeeping software. To ensure you’re making the best decision for your business, speak to one of our bookkeepers today for a tailored recommendation.
Would you like to learn more about using QuickBooks to manage your business’s books? Speak to us today – call 1300 313 397. (Our bookkeepers are certified for all the major bookkeeping software brands. If you’re not sure whether QuickBooks is for you, we can help.)
Using QuickBooks Day-To-Day
Your Quickbooks bookkeeper should know how to assist you with the following tasks. If not, then we suggest you speak to a certified QuickBooks bookkeeper at EzyAccounts.
- Bank feeds – to setup bank feeds in QuickBooks, go to “Accountant Home”, select “Banking” from the “Transactions” menu, click “Add Account”, and follow the prompts. You will need your internet baking login ID and password. Your bank feeds will be active as soon as your request has been verified by your bank, however some account types may not be available (such as loan accounts, term deposits). If this is the case, you can use the “File Upload” function to manually import CSV, QFX, QBO, or OFX formatted files with this data. This method will also allow you to upload historic transactions.
- Bank accounts – with QuickBooks, you can use account names or account numbers. To choose your preferred view, go to the “Advanced” tab under “Company Settings”.
- Bank rules – the QuickBooks Bank Rules will save time processing bank transactions. You can make these as simple or complex as required, with multiple conditions, split categories, and tax codes. This is particularly useful for advanced users.
- Transferring money – The “Transfer Money” function is available for owners loan accounts. You won’t need to add the owner loan/s under “Banking”.
- Expenses – rather than using “Supplier Bills”, you can enter a new expense transaction for expenses paid via debit/credit card, cash, etc. “Expense” is the default transaction if you’re adding transactions from “Bank Feeds”. You can also select “Expense” from the “Suppliers” column on the plus menu.
- Display – you can customise the way reports display by using the “Customise” button. You can also save your customisations for future use.
- BAS – when submitting BAS returns, first review the “BAS Detail” and “Exceptions Detail” reports. These are located under “Run Reports” in the GST Centre. Before submitting, apply any necessary changes, then select “Complete BAS”.
- Inventory – although the core QuickBooks application includes an integrated Inventory module, you’ll need to switch on “track quantity” and “track quantity on hand” under “Company Settings” for both Sales and Expenses (as required).
- Time tracking – with integrated time tracking, you probably won’t need additional applications for this function.
- Payroll – QuickBooks doesn’t have a built-in Payroll feature, but you can find the Payroll add-on by browsing the “Apps” menu.
Speak To Us Today
If you would like to learn more about our services or speak with a Quickbooks bookkeeper, then call EzyAccounts today on 1300 313 397. We look forward to hearing from you.
Did you know?