Choose the lifestyle you want and make a real difference in the lives of your clients, and in our community.
Enjoy the flexibility to work from any location with a good internet connection; from your home, on-site at your client’s premises, or from our prestige offices in Adelaide, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney.
Do you dream of realising the rewards from your own efforts by investing in your own business and controlling your own lifestyle? It’s great to have a dream but it goes nowhere without making the effort to realise that dream.
The owner of EzyAccounts, Colin Hunt was a corporate executive for 16 years, then doubled his income after leaving to run his own consultancy business. From startup 10 years ago, EzyAccounts has grown to over 40 franchisees in Australia and they have serviced hundreds of small business clients. We help franchisees acquire clients and earn up to $20k per month. Our achievements are recognised by our strategic partners that include: Xero, Intuit Quickbooks, MYOB and Reckon.
If you are inspired by the idea of using your skills and experience, to make a real difference in business and in life, then read on. Just like Colin, many of our franchisees switched from corporate careers, while others were new arrivals to Australia, or returning to Australia with overseas experience.
For many accountants, promotion is limited. Long hours and travel means their effective hourly rate is low and their job is not truly secure due to events beyond their control, including rapid change both social and technological. Consequently, they may feel unfulfilled, undervalued or insecure. Starting a business can be risky due to 5 key areas: commitment to an effective strategy; credibility in the market; client acquisition; confidence in delivery; and acceptance as a valued counsellor.
It’s well known that Franchisees have a higher rate of success than start-up businesses. On joining our national team of franchisees you gain the benefit of over 10 years operational experience. By following our proven 5 step method, franchisees can achieve the lifestyle they want with certainty for their future, and earn worthy respect from clients, family and the community.
Initial training is LIVE followed by the convenience of online learning and ready access to a mentor. In addition to our operations manual, coaching, ongoing support, strategic partnerships and digital marketing, we also offer an optional client acquisition package with the potential for $100,000 annually in client billing. From the outset, you have access to a proven knowledge base, (operations manual) established strategic partnerships and ongoing support. Training is focused on the practical skills you will need, so you are well prepared to confidently deliver services to clients. We even help you with the process of gaining registration as a BAS, or Tax Agent. All of this will save you time and money.
Annual income of $100,000 to $200,000+ with residual income is realistically achievable for a mature franchise. In addition, you are building asset value on your balance sheet as a potential capital gain. Whilst financial success is important, it’s even more rewarding to make a real difference in your own life and the lives of your family, clients and the community.
Colin founded EzyAccounts over 10 years ago, to help his children enhance their life skills and tenacity by showing them how to start and grow a sustainable business. He also wanted to help franchisees transition from employment to business ownership. In turn, Franchisees are ideally placed to help clients prosper from their skills and advice. We believe that unlocking potential and embracing change, enables people to achieve extraordinary outcomes.
Are you the right fit for this opportunity?
At EzyAccounts, we are extremely proud of the group and brand that we’ve been able to build, as well as the amazing individuals that make up our team of franchisees. To ensure our group continues to build on its brand, and reputation, we have strict requirements for new applicants:
- You must be a skilled accounting professional – this doesn’t necessarily mean that you have to be a CPA, or a CA. While these qualifications will count in your favour, during the application process, they are not essential. What we mostly care about is that you have the skills to be able to deliver high quality services to clients. If your work experience to date has equipped you to do this, then you could be very well suited to this opportunity.
- You must genuinely want to add value to your clients – placing value on your clients, and always going above and beyond, are qualities that every one of our extremely successful franchisees share. We want you to focus on these qualities as well.
- A willingness to learn and be coached– learning and developing yourself and your business is crucial in order for you to be successful. We don’t have all of the answers, but we have learned an awful lot over the years. If you embrace your training and engage in our coaching, then it will be easier for you to achieve success. However, you are the only one who can ensure that you are taking full advantage of these opportunities.
- You must be proactive and confident in communicating with clients – our clients do not engage us just so we can follow instructions. They need us to give them information, advice and take action in areas where they do not have the time or expertise to do it for themselves.
- You need to be able to fund the start-up – business start-ups need to be adequately funded. It’s not just the initial franchise investment, at $20,000 or $37,500 +GST, you need to have enough cash reserves or have an alternative source of income that will allow you to fund your personal life in the early days whilst we work together to get your business established.
Please note that there is no obligation on you to join the group, or on us to invite you into the group, until the end of the selection process when the franchise agreement is signed.
Check to see if you qualify and to evaluate further.Complete the online form in just a few minutes, and help save a life.
Helping you to have a go!
Develop your business and acquire clients.
As a qualified and experienced accountant, you no doubt feel confident in delivering services. However, you may not feel as confident in acquiring clients. And, if you are busy with client work, you will not have the ability to respond immediately to new client leads. Can you imagine having a marketing and sales facility working to help you acquire clients, so you can concentrate on client work? This is what we can do for you.
We, at EzyAccounts share your concerns. It is important to our success that we carefully select only quality candidates who are able to provide our clients with advanced bookkeeping, management accounting and business advisory services. In our years of experience, we know that caring about our franchisees helps them to succeed, and to make a real difference in their lives. Once we accept a new franchisee, we invest considerable time, resources, ongoing training and support to the franchisee.
Working towards success as an EzyAccounts Franchisee, you interact directly with clients, providing services that match your experience, and your staff’s experience. These services may include business advisory, management accounting, software training, bookkeeping, payroll processing, tax and other key services.
Grow your own business under the EzyAccounts brand for a modest investment and become part of an elite team. The fee includes extensive support from our knowledgeable and experienced team. You will receive ongoing business coaching for every aspect of your business. Further, you can relax knowing that proven sales processes are working on growing your franchise, and allowing you to get on with what you do best, that is, servicing your client.
The traditional focus in accounting and bookkeeping has been on tax and compliance. Whilst we are still heavily involved in this, we are keen to help clients improve their business, and make a real difference in their lives. Our moto is “Your potential is our passion”.
We work with clients that are not yet large enough to afford a full-time accountant. They need anything from a few hours per month to 3 days per week. We start at the foundation level and build up to a solid structure that facilitates business, and lifestyle objectives.
For example we:
- Correct historical errors and bring their accounts up to date, so that their financials are an accurate representation of their business.
- Review and enhance their processes, systems and procedures to help make them as effective and efficient as possible.
- Provide them with a great reporting suite for their business, so we can deliver business advisory services.
- Become part of their team as a virtual financial controller, financial manager, or any role up to CFO.
Bookkeeping is the foundation for higher level services and must be reliable and up to date. Technology advances continue apace, and we embrace the opportunities to be more productive and profitable for the benefit of both clients and franchisees. Franchisees can choose to undertake bookkeeping work themselves, or to supervise and verify the quality of work done by staff or contractors.
Check to see if you qualify and to evaluate further.Complete the online form in just a few minutes.
You are a skilled and experienced accounting professional. However, if we’re honest with each other, your sales ability isn’t your strongest asset and that is totally fine.
At EzyAccounts, we expect our franchisees to be skilled and confident accounting professionals, not expert sales people. That is why when you join, we offer an optional client acquisition package to introduce you to a minimum of $100,000 worth of qualified, potential new clients. This means we will help you get up and running and established. You will be free to focus on delivering a great service to keep your clients happy, thereby creating the opportunity for more services and referrals, to help develop your franchise.
We have our own team of business development and digital marketing professionals who are dedicated to bringing in clients for you to service. We have consistently brought in millions of dollars worth of new clients for our franchisees to service. We spend a fortune on marketing to generate the leads, and on business development executives to speak with the clients, prepare the proposals and help close the deals for you.
Your role is to attend the initial consultation. You will be thoroughly trained during your induction. This is to ensure that you can confidently follow the initial meeting procedures that we have been refining for years. During this first meeting, you should have a very simple objective. That is, to give the client the confidence that you know what you are doing, by communicating effectively with them.
We achieve this by:
- Reviewing their accounting systems to confirm the proposal is correct
- Going through the meeting questionnaire that we provide for you, to ensure you gather all the right information
- Explaining the components of the proposal in more detail, and how to use the brochures and other materials we provide for you
Of course, once we have helped you acquire clients, we expect you to do your best to service them to a high standard, maintain a good relationship and look for opportunities to expand services and generate referrals so that our brand is effectively represented and taken care of.
Training and Mentoring
After commencing, you will receive approximately one month of training. This is to help ensure you are well equipped for business success. To start, you will receive induction coaching with our executive team in Queensland. The remaining time will be completed upon your return home, in a mostly online and self-paced environment.
Once you have successfully completed the training you will be:
- A certified advisor on Xero, MYOB, QBO and Reckon.
- Confident in implementing our management reporting tools with clients
- Prepared to take the BAS exam, if required.
- Versed in all our internal business systems and operational procedures
- Totally prepared to meet and commence working with your first client