Your business’ money needs to be properly managed. That’s where an outsourced financial controller comes in.
Your financial controller is the financial leader in your business. Their duties will vary depending on the size of your organisation, and the complexity of your business’s finances. What will not vary, however, is the importance of their role in ensuring the long-term financial success of your business.
Providing a financial controller for your business is one of the many bookkeeping services that EzyAccounts can provide you with.
A Crucial Role
To ensure you business’s money is being properly managed, your financial controller will establish internal controls over your accounting procedures, and ensure that accurate records are kept for tax time, and are easily accessible for your tax accountant, and for audits.
They may fulfil some or all of the following responsibilities:
• Leading your business’s accounting strategies
• Reviewing and approving invoices and accounts
• Maintaining financial records
• Liaising with your tax accountant
• Carrying out banking and finance activities
In many businesses, the financial controller will also analyse your business’s books, helping to assess risks, identify inefficiencies, make informed purchases and other decisions, and provide you with strategic business advice. They will also use this information to plan your long-term financial strategy.
Why An Outsourced Financial Controller?
Unless your business is particularly large, hiring an internal financial controller may be impractical and overly expensive. A much more cost-effective option is to outsource.
Hiring an outsourced financial controller makes sense for a number of reasons. Your business will enjoy a number of benefits, including:
• Cost-effective financial control services (you don’t take on the responsibilities and expenses of another full-time employee)
• Independent, objective business advice (although they’re committed to your success, your financial controller is removed enough from the emotion of the business to provide reliable, objective advice)
• Confidentiality of records (these records will not be accessible to staff)
At EzyAccounts, our local bookkeepers act as an outsourced financial controller for a number of businesses in a range of industries. We can help you too. To learn more about how outsourcing can benefit your business, call EzyAccounts today on 1300 313 397.
Do you know what a bookkeeper can do for your business? EzyAccounts bookkeepers are qualified to help your business with a range of bookkeeping tasks, from cash flow forecasting, to designing and measuring KPIs, inventory management or selecting the right accounting software for your business.